My favorite meal of the day is breakfast! I would have waffles for dinner every night if I could! Who doesn’t love delicious buttery stack of pancakes? Of course EVERYONE has their own way they love how their eggs are made. Those who don’t like eggs, I find strange. I’m sorry if you’re one of them and I mean no harm, but eggs are amazing and what is there not to enjoy? There are many ways to cook them!
One of my preferred ways to have eggs is a quiche. This is a fun and creative way to serve your eggs and the possibilities are endless! This is also an all-inclusive meal, so no need to fuss with different pots and pans. I love a flaky crust and my favorite quiches are veggie filled! Quiches are a great way to have a delicious breakfast that is sure to impress anyone!
For this dish, I’m sad to report, I cheated. I was under a time constraint and let’s just say that pie crusts aren’t my forte, yet… I had to buy a pie crust in a package. I know, I know. *Sticking out my hand, ready for you to slap* But I promise you I will find and perfect a pie crust recipe and share. In fact, if any of you have a pie crust recipe you’d like to share and any tips, we’re open to suggestions and you’d be featured as a guest writer!
|Prep Time:||Inactive Time:||Cook Time:||Level:||Serves:|
|20 min.||1 hour||45 min.||Easy||6-8 (9 in.)|
- 4 eggs
- ¾ C heavy cream
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper (ground)
- ¼ tsp white pepper (ground)
- ¼ tsp paprika
- 1 C shredded Kraft Italian blend cheese
- ½ C chopped spinach
- ½ C chopped roasted red peppers (drained!)
- 4 oz sliced pancetta
- ¼ C finely chopped onions
- 1 pkg Pillsbury pie crusts
- Line a 9 in. pie pan with the crust. Leave in the freezer for 30 min. – 1 hour. This I learned from a co-worker to keep it from shrinking in the oven. When ready, cook in the oven at 350°F for approximately 8 min and then let it cool. Leave the oven on
- Cook pancetta until crispy. When done, cool on a plate with a paper towel to soak up some of the grease.
- Chop up spinach and roasted red peppers. If you’re using pre-chopped frozen spinach, make sure to rinse and dry thoroughly. Be sure to thoroughly pat dry your roasted red peppers also, or it’ll make the quiche runny. Chop onions as well.
- In a large bowl, mix together eggs, heavy cream, salt, black pepper, white pepper. Then add cheese and onions.
- Sprinkle half of the pancetta, spinach, and roasted red peppers on the onto the pie crust. Pour half of the egg mixture into the pie pan. Gently mix the rest of the pancetta, spinach and roasted red peppers into the egg mixture and pour the rest into the pie pan.
- Sprinkle paprika over the top of the quiche and bake for 40 minutes or until center does not jiggle.